ParaNexus is an association of paranormal researchers and paranormal investigators who conduct paranormal research and paranormal investigations involving ghosts, spirits, alien abductions, UFOs, unknown creatures, unexplained phenomena, psychic phenomena, and other mysterious events. Visitors can report a UFO sighting, hauntings, and other paranormal events via our 24 Hour Helpline. ParaNexus also offers paranormal investigator certification, paranormal certification, training, paranormal classes, and paranormal courses.
Make Me Think
When you open your mind to possibilities, there is no closing it again. —Tracy Kelley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysteries and Paranormal Convention 2010  (Read 5871 times)
Brian Parsons
ParaNexus Executive Director
Administration

Kudos 49

« on: August 26, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »

I will be appearing at the convention as a speaker/vendor over the weekend of October 2-3. My presentation will be based on the video I shared in my latest blog (http://tiny.cc/6a53s) and is titled "The Power of Belief in Paranormal Investigation". It will explore many areas of the paranormal that are taken as fact, but are based in folklore or blind belief.

The event will take place in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania and will have Lorraine Warren as the main guest. John Sabol, Eric Altman (PA Bigfoot Society), and others will be in attendance.

More info on the event can be found here:

http://www.mysteriesandparanormalconvention.com/index.html

Doug - Fear not, I should be home in time for our meeting!

Sharon K. West
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »

Brian,

This convention is four hours away from me, but doable. I will keep it in mind and try to make it.

Thanks!

Sharon
Brian Parsons
Administration

Kudos 49

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »

The convention was a great time. There was two different locations for speakers and a third location for the vendors/speaker's tables, which was a little confusing, but it was the best thing they could do to put on a show. I got to present "The Power of Belief in Paranormal Investigation" in a Church, it helped make a statement (especially when talking about Ouija Boards). The Church, Chloe Pierce Church, was constructed in 1882 and has ties to former First Lady Barbara Bush (she was a Pierce before marrying G.H.W.).

This morning I listened to Lorraine Warren speak about her early days with Ed as well as some recent investigations, as much as I don't agree with a lot of things she believes it was still an interesting feeling to listen to someone with such experience.

Nicholas Smith
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

ugh I wish I could have been there!!! My Niece's second birthday party was yesterday! Brian I cant wait to go with you soon, its bothering me that I havent gone yet!
Brian Parsons
Administration

Kudos 49

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

It was a lot of fun, lots of networking and exchanging thoughts and ideas about many subjects as well as meeting those who view us from the outside that want to tell their stories or get their photographs looked at. Speaking at these events makes you feel like a "superstar" since you are not only up on stage in front of everyone, but everyone views you as an "expert" of sorts in a particular area and asks you plenty of questions! This one was especially cool since they created a green room for speakers and had food and gift baskets for us (though my request for a gallon jug of only yellow M&Ms was ignored...j/k).

You've missed two conferences already! There is still the library one on the 28th and I got invites to two upcoming events, one in November and one next April (have not officially joined either as a speaker) as well as an invite to investigate a hotel...

Nicholas Smith
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:59:39 PM »

I know that I have missed two already, but I couldnt miss my nieces second birthday  BangHead I really want to get to the conventions though! Oh, by the way, I passed the test for the CPI course Cheesy I learned so much from that, thank you for referring me, I have gained so much knowledge from that course!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: