ParaNexus is an association of paranormal researchers and paranormal investigators who conduct paranormal research and paranormal investigations involving ghosts, spirits, alien abductions, UFOs, unknown creatures, unexplained phenomena, psychic phenomena, and other mysterious events. Visitors can report a UFO sighting, hauntings, and other paranormal events via our 24 Hour Helpline. ParaNexus also offers paranormal investigator certification, paranormal certification, training, paranormal classes, and paranormal courses.
Make Me Think
Don't let weeds grow around your dreams. - Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brian Parsons at Westerville Library in October  (Read 6571 times)
Brian Parsons
ParaNexus Executive Director
Administration

Kudos 49

« on: July 21, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

July is the time of year where the libraries fill up their calendars for the upcoming "silly season" known to most folks as Halloween. This is where paranormal investigators are suddenly in demand by the curious public to talk about what we do all year long. It's a fun way to interact with the general public and find out what they think about our field and share our (and their) experiences. I have always said the best way to learn something is to teach others and every presentation is a learning experience. Last year a couple of libraries cancelled due to constraints on budget and closing early, so this year I have not made too much of an effort to do these appearances, but I am happy to say I will make a return trip to Columbus this year.

I will be at the Westerville, Ohio Public Library on October 28th, 2010 at 7 P.M. I went there last year and had a great time in a wonderful library. My topic last year was "Investigating the Paranormal" and the PowerPoint presentation was about the reality of what we do along with some misconceptions about paranormal investigation, history of parapsychology and research, as well as the basics in investigating and evidence review.

This year I will debut a new program that will take a look behind the photos and videos that are circulating the internet and provide a bit of reality as well as the concepts behind them.

The Westerville Public Library was the first library to have my book on its shelf and they will be ordering my new one as well. Hope to see you there!

Westerville Public Library:
http://www.wpl.lib.oh.us/

Doug Kelley
ParaNexus Founder
Administration

Kudos 14

The world is my country & to do good, my religion.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

Hey Brian,
Best of luck on your appearance! If I was closer, I would definitely come!

Doug

Doug Kelley, PhD, CH, CSL
ParaNexus Founder

Kudos 49

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »

Thanks Doug!

I will definitely be plugging ParaNexus...

Brian Parsons
Administration

Kudos 49

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

If you are in the Columbus area, or are able to come out to see me speak at this event, here is the registration link to attend the libarary presentation:

http://tiny.cc/ivf0d

Sharon K. West
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:10:30 AM »

Brian,

I would be there as this is in my neck of the woods, except I will be leaving early the next morning for Jordan Springs. But I'm trying to think if I could do both. I will wait and register later if I can.

Sharon
Brian Parsons
Administration

Kudos 49

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:50:37 AM »

Thanks Sharon, it won't be anything too insightful as the library crowd is usually new to the paranormal and I don't want to get too carried away. It will just be a lot of photos and videos that have logical explanations and possibly a few that will leave them wondering. If you can make it great, but I know all about the traveling schedule thing!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: