ParaNexus is an association of paranormal researchers and paranormal investigators who conduct paranormal research and paranormal investigations involving ghosts, spirits, alien abductions, UFOs, unknown creatures, unexplained phenomena, psychic phenomena, and other mysterious events. Visitors can report a UFO sighting, hauntings, and other paranormal events via our 24 Hour Helpline. ParaNexus also offers paranormal investigator certification, paranormal certification, training, paranormal classes, and paranormal courses.
Make Me Think
All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. - Ayn Rand (1905–1982), Russian-born writer and philosopher
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Florida Members... POLL  (Read 13530 times)
Doug Kelley
ParaNexus Founder
Administration

Kudos 14

The world is my country & to do good, my religion.

« on: March 04, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »

Hi Members,
I am considering holding a monthly meet up type of event for the purposes of networking and education which will be called the ParaNexus Monthly Forum. The event would be held the second Saturday of each month from approximately 6pm to 8pm at Redhawk Ranch, which is located near Parrish, FL (Southeast of Tampa) .

We would invite one or two speakers each month to present a paranormally-related topic and would ask for a donation of $5 per person to offset expenses.

This would be a great opportunity to learn new things, meet new people, find new members for your group or find a group to join, offer your books and items for sale, and to interact with like-minded researchers. We may even have a gathering around a bonfire afterwards.

Depending on the amount of interest, we would have our first meeting on either March 14th or April 11th.

Please vote in the poll and let me know if you have any questions.

Doug

P.S. If you are not in the area or not interested, no need to vote.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:06:04 PM by Doug Kelley » Logged

Doug Kelley, PhD, CH, CSL
ParaNexus Founder
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Great idea, Doug!

Jenni and I are in for the semi-regular meetings.  Between our team meetings, investigations, and life in general, we don't want to commit if we can't be sure to attend every month.
Stacey Dionne
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »

I didn't vote in the poll... the answers didn't apply to me, I wouldn't be able to attend at all. It's too far to travel for just a couple hours and weekends are usually booked anyway. Great idea though, and I'd love to come if I lived closer.  sunny
Lori Del Rio
Certified Paranormal Investigator, Psychic Medium
Certified Member

Kudos 2

All who wander are not lost....

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

Hey Doug,

I think I could make it.  I might be able to talk our group into attending too.

Lori Del Rio, CPI
Gregory P. Kent
Educator
Board Member

Kudos 9

Rev. Gregory P. Kent

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:59 AM »

Hey Doug

Count me in!

This is a great opportunity to network and also spend some time at a wonderful spiritual location.

GPK

Rev. Gregory P. Kent, Ed.S., M.Ed, MBA
Camille Wagoner
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »

Hi Doug,

Unless I have a planned vacation and a designated replacement, due to my primary job as the Director of Nursing, it's rare that I leave the Daytona Beach area. In the case of an emergency, I am required to be "able" to present within a 30 minute time frame.

I'd like to suggest a traveling meeting... Tampa...Daytona...Orlando... to gain participation of the geographically challenged ( Like me).

Camille

Jennifer Sikes
Certified Member

Kudos 3

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »

Hi Doug,

Of course it's a yes for me Grin  Either of those dates you listed would be fine for me. 

Would there be an opportunity for folks coming from a distance, or anyone else that was interested, to camp at the ranch for the evening?

I'm looking forward to it!

-Jen

Jennifer Sikes, CPI

"Opportunity dances with those who are already on the dance floor"
  - H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Sandra Simpson
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »

I would love this kind of thing!  This is the kind of thing I was hoping for when I joined Para Nexus last year. I cannot promise attendance at every event, but I am sure I will get to most of them.

Cheers!
Sid
Rose Mencia
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »

Hi Doug-- Josh and I could come up on occasion.......since we would have to stay over...... it may not always be avail to us..... but, once in awhile would be possible-- hello
Doug Kelley
ParaNexus Founder
Administration

Kudos 14

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »

Hi Everyone,
We will not be hosting a ParaNexus Monthly Forum in May. We are revamping the format and program and will announce the next meeting once planning is complete.

Thanks to all those who attended the April Meeting!

Doug Kelley

ParaNexus Founder

Kudos 4

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »

Hi,

I use to go to Tampa, FL, for business, 2 or 3 times per year.
I´d like to know if those meetings still happening to participate when possible...

thanks,
Luiz

Luiz David
GPIP Leader / Spectrologist
Doug Kelley
ParaNexus Founder
Administration

Kudos 14

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 09:56:20 PM »

Hi Luiz,
I'm afraid we are no longer doing these meet ups, but they were fun while we did. Smiley

Dr. Doug

ParaNexus Founder

Jump to: